What are the Pros and Cons of Using YouTube versus a paid video hosting platform.
Let’s consider the two main benefits of YouTube:
- It’s free to upload and play your video on it
- It is the second most popular search engine
Those two reasons pretty much guarantee every business should have at least some content on the YouTube platform. The more strategic questions that you need to consider are:
- Should I put my videos onto other video streaming platforms?
- Are there times when I should not use YouTube?
The answer to both of these is almost always YES.
You need to understand what you are trying to achieve with your video content.
- Who will be viewing your videos and when?
- What type of messaging are you hoping to achieve with video (explainer, instructional, persuasive, funny…).
- Where in the consumer sale cycle do you want to use your video?
Why are you investing so much in your website?
To generate website traffic that drives revenue!
Business spend a lot of time and money on their website. They write content to attract viewers to their pages, they spend money of internet ads to gain conversions and sales, they optimize pages for SEO and so much more. They pay to have content written, graphics designed, and videos created.
The table below shows a range of common use cases for internet video streaming. As you can see depending on your specific case you may only want to use YouTube, exclusively use a paid (private) video hosting system, or a blend of both. Most business will benefit significantly from using a blend of YouTube plus a paid video hosting platform like Togotiki.
Are you advertising for your competitors?
Take a moment and review your website for the following two common mistakes:
- Placing your competitors’ ads on your website?
- Suggesting your visitor leave your site look at something else?
You probably think this is a silly question. But if you are embedding YouTube video onto your site, then you are doing both #1 and #2 above. Remember YouTube also wants your page traffic. Are you letting YouTube steal your website traffic?
This is when using a private video hosting platform like Togotiki makes sense. You need to control the content on your site. TogoTiki will allow you to keep your audience and even create more powerful video experiences. Togotiki’s interactive video tools are truly state of the art.